PINGER INTRODUCES TEXTFREE 3.0, ADDS PUSH NOTIFICATION AND GIVES IPHONE AND IPOD TOUCH USERS A PERMANENT TEXTING ADDRESS
San Jose, California - June 17, 2009
- Pinger, Inc., an award-winning developer for iPhone and iPod Touch devices, today announced Textfree 3.0, a new version of the leading free texting application for iPhone and iPod touch users.
- Textfree 3.0 leverages Apple's Push Notification Service, which is newly available in iPhone OS 3.0. Users can now receive text message notifications instantly and without cost. This feature has been the number one request from Textfree users.
- Textfree 3.0 also provides users with a permanent texting address. This new feature enables a critical new capability for iPod Touch usersthey can now receive texts sent to their permanent @textfree.us texting address from US mobile phones. With Textfree 3.0, iPod touch users are full participants on the US text messaging networks, even without a phone number.
- Pinger will continue to improve Textfree in the coming months with a full suite of customization features, including customizable "text-tones", graphical themes and more.
- Textfree is available for $5.99, which is good for unlimited free text messages for a year. Textfree is available from the iTunes App store.
- With more than 1.5 million downloads, Textfree is the highest rated, most reliable texting application available for iPhone and iPod touch devices.
- Textfree supports nearly every U.S. mobile carrier, including AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, Alltel and many more - full list is available below.
- Additional features include:
- Ability to see friends' pictures in your inbox
- Direct access to Contacts app to easily add a picture
- Remembers your recent recipients for faster addresing
- Eighteen playful emoticons to spice up users' conversations
"Adding notification and a permanent texting address to Textfree 3.0 turns a WiFi connected iPod touch into a fullon communications device," said Greg Woock, Pinger CEO and co-founder. "We have been amazed at the success of Textfree so far and are hopeful these improvements will keep Textfree fresh for our iPhone and iPod touch customers."
Supported carriers: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Alltel, Virgin Mobile, US Cellular, Cellular One/Dobson, Boost Mobile, Metro PCS, Unicel, SunCom Wireless, Cincinnati Bell, Cellular South, Tracfone, NTELOS, Cricket Wireless, Centennial Wireless, Midwest Wireless, Surewest, Alaska Digitel, Northcoast PCS, YC, ACS Wireless, Mobi PCS, Coral Wireless, Advantage Cellular and Appalachian Wireless.
Pinger’s mission is to make global messaging fun, free and easy. Pinger has a globally-scalable monetization platform and is the #1 free texting and calling app in the U.S. with 12 million monthly active users and billions of text messages sent. All Pinger apps are ad-supported, delivering standard mobile banners, in-conversation sponsorships, large 300x250 and full-screen display ads as well as rich-media advertising opportunities. The company’s flagship apps, Textfree and the Pinger phone app, are free apps that enable users to turn iPads and iPods into mobile phones with texting and talking features, or to add a free phone line to iPhones and Android devices. Pinger and Textfree users can text and call to any phone in the U.S. and Canada, including smartphones, landlines and basic mobile phones. www.pinger.com.